Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #256
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
I hear you about other forums...

That's the great thing about this one, I'd like to think we're pretty good about policing ourselves. We all understand that we're trying to put 50+ year old vehicle on the road, so we don't have the time or energy for drama.

Don't beat yourself up too much about the roadrunner or vette. we all gotta have those bucket list vehicles...heck this truck is one of mine! In the meantime follow Martinsr's philosophy and go out to the garage/shop and find something you can tinker on the truck for 5 minutes. I do that a lot and find it quite therapeutic!
You are exactly right. That 5 minutes here and there fees good. I like the sense of accomplishments I get from finishing even a simple task. A good example is my dad is restoring a 67 GTO. He wants nothing to do with wiring or the dash cluster. So I am doing it. I took and hour just to sit on my deck and detail the heater controls. They look pretty good if I do say so myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
you'll get there. You will have more fun with the truck I can almost bet you. Can fit all 3 in there, put stuff int he back, go camping whatever. .
That's what I am hoping for. All of us piling in and having a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
60 year old men with attitudes are why I dont go to many car shows any more. nothing better than a guy walking up and saying "what I would have done is..." and then describes the most expensive, most common and boring, most "drop it off and have it done" modifications.

cheaper beaters are where its at. I drive a 00 saturn I bought from my neighbor for $160
Yeah I am not a fan of that type. If I have something negative to say about someone else's project I keep it to myself until I am far away. My dad and I will go to shows and I wait until we are a few rows away before I say something like "that color just doesn't look right on that car" or "did you see the hack job on the body". Its conversation to have with my old man but there is no need to say it near the owner. Hurting someone feeling by insulting their hard work is just a dick move. I like to go to shows to look at cars and I take mine for the prime parking of parking in the show. I don't sit by my car at all so no one really gets to talk to me about it. Its more fun getting stopped at the gas pumps anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
I've never regretted something more than pulling the motor and not being able to enjoy it.
My sentiment exactly. I often curse myself for ripping my truck apart. I should have just swapped in a 235 and did a break upgrade. I really miss driving the old girl. What I am afraid of is that I won't like it as much when its done. It had so much charm being a 60+ year old beater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoie View Post
About your photos, you have 2 choices:

1- Use the EDIT button to see the link you had with photobucket and upload the same photos on another hosting place (more on that later)

2- IF you don't have your photos on a back-up drive etc, then I COULD upload them (I have them for reference) and send you the link so YOU could download them and place them on another hosting website. Once you'd be done, I could erase them from my hosting website (and still keep them on a back-up drive)

alternatives to photobucket:
https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/02/ph...r-third-party/ pick your choice!
I do have all my pictures saved. I will read your link and try one of those alternates out.