View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #1368
Longhorn321
Size Matters

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
OK, finally got around to some pix-
I'm thinking that "CE21034" means 3/4T Longhorn, among other things.
And doesn't "Wht & Hug Org & Wht" mean that the panel between the upper and lower body side moldings is white? Or does it mean that the body is white below the lower molding? I know it had white elsewhere sometime in its youth.
Awesome! I love how that camper completely fills up the bed all the way to the gate! I would love to see some pics of the inside of that camper and inside of the truck if you have some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
That's what I was thinking, that the truck was white below the lower molding. I recall from the dim and misty past that that is the way it was before my father-in-law had it repainted. I did a little judicious scraping and still couldn't tell. I prefer the white/orange/white/orange style, but would rather make it look original if I could. I DO remember that the 1971 trucks came that way, as I started working for a Chevy dealership right out of high school, in June of 1970. So the '71 model year trucks would have come out a couple of months later.

I met my wife in 1980, and got married in 1981. 1980's the first time I saw the truck, and as I say, I dimly recall that it was white at the rockers. We just got back from exotic Oxnard, CA, celebrating our 32nd anniversary. I'll have to dig into this some more.

Oh, yeah...my FIL put that grille in there and that's one thing I want to change out for stock. I've never liked it that way.
I am the same way about wanting it to look as original as possible most of the time. In this case though, I think I would do the white/orange/white/orange and either put a 71/72 grill back in and no one would know or put a 69/70 grill back in and 99% would never know.

...WOOOO HOOOO!!!!