View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
C10 - C90 Bill

Re: Heavy Machines powered by GM diesels or Detroits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70c10-08 View Post
the third and fourth pic is the one year only made equipped with a 2-53 2 cylinder GM Diesel engine
Pretty accurate. Actually they were offered in the '59 and '60 model years, although about the last 10 months of '59 and the first part of '60. I believe they were made only for 13 months total.

I never knew they made one until I was over at a guy's house one day who has a bunch of old trucks and equipment, back around '92. He was showing me his collection and mentioned something about a Detroit and the John Deere. I saw the Tractor and was looking around for the Detroit. I walked back over to him and said, "I saw the John Deere, but didn't see any Detroit near it". He then said "No, the Detroit is "in" the John Deere". Well being an old Detroit fan and a recent John Deere fan, I couldn't believe it.

Asked him about selling it, as I was looking to soon replace my little '46 Ford 2N, but we never got together on it.

In '99 I made up my mind to replace it for sure and found one nearby for a reasonable price. Mine is a '59. (They are all Model 435's).

Bill
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote