View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #75
Devillusion

Re: Project: Crew'd Attitude

Another dilema I have been fighting with......paint schemes. I have a few going through my head and I'm sure they would all look ok but wouldn't mind some unbiased insight.

** Things to consider: I already have brand new carpet sitting here in grey, can find seats like the black ones in the thread at the wrecker for probably around $300 bux, and have grey door panels already. This truck will be a driver and will see gravel roads, parts runs, kids, and of course shows. I like to keep my builds realistic and as drivable as possible but still keeping the "what the *$&^$" effect if you will.

Not really worried about what has been done or not done at this point with paint cause depending where you are located it all will vary, and technically it has nearly all been done before somewhere.

1) Patina white exterior (hand painted buisness logo on doors and down box sides)
Lipstick red interior

2) Patina white exterior (hand painted buisness logo on doors and down box sides)
Patina white dash with grey carpet, seats, door panels, etc.
Airbrushed/tatoo'd mayhem all over the dash in a collage of old school stuff from the
hot rod era. Then made to look sort of patina'd and old.

3) Bright white exterior
Bright white dash with grey carpet, seats, door panels, etc.

4) Original 73-74? GMC metallic green
Grey interior

5) Original 73-74? GMC metallic green
Tan/doeskin interior

6) Flat black exterior
Grey interior

7) Flat black exterior
Lipstick red interior

....this being said I am now picturing a SRW conversion keeping it 8 bolt pattern and steelies or possibly the smoothies in a 20-22" painted to resemble the steelies with factory hub caps. If I go with factory 16"ers (which I very well might just to be a bit different) I would like to go with a big fat white wall on white wheels. Photoshop is down for a bit or I would chop something up.

Regardless, let me know what you think.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote