View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
doobiebro

Re: bad fuel delivery 77 c20 dual tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
The plastic thing is the vent. My 75 has the same setup. You use the 1 wire solenoid 3 pipe valve to switch between tanks. Probably want to replace the dash switch if your gas gauge has problems, especially the go to 3 o'clock issue.

The vent should have a hat like thing over the end. Looks like yours may have broke and settled. Orange ring in 1st pic.

Ask for a differential vent at the parts store. Should be the same thing.
Dead Parrot you just answered all my questions! I just found a pic on the O'reillys Auto Parts page. How funny both fuel tank vents are missing the tops on my truck. I talked to a local guy who sells nothing but 1977-1989 Chevy truck parts where I live and he told me the fuel tank selector valve (3 port - 1 power wire) like you mentioned is an aftermarket on my truck. I don't know if he is correct. By any chance would you have part #s from your truck? While the bed is moved back I'm gonna replace both fuel senders, rubber fuel lines, vents, and get the truck running again. Hopefully I can locate the same selector valve without doing so much modification. Thanks again to all who responded
Attached Images

66 GMC Long bed fleet side 305 V-6
77 C-20 Custom Deluxe (Blue Goose)
doobiebro is offline   Reply With Quote