View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #89
snowblind

Re: New Member - 72 Jimmy: Project Knuckledragger mountain commuter

I took the last few weeks off from working on the Jimmy. I was out of town, then it was REALLY cold, then Christmas crazyness, etc, etc. It's still pretty cold here now but if I let the cold stop me I'll never get anything done.

This weekend I put in the Chevy bumper lights I got from NTR72GMC, installed a new dash pad, installed a new passenger door switch for the interior lights, plugged up a bunch of firewall holes, connected the wiring harness for the Pioneer head unit I got for Christmas. I also set up a little block of wires behind the glovebox with "12v constant", "ignition hot" and "interior light hot" for use when wiring my power/heated seats. The dash pad was BY FAR the biggest pain in the @$$ and took probably 4 hours.

This coming week I'll finish of the wiring/installing the door speakers, put some patches over the fuel filler holes in my rear quarters and hopefully get the new passenger seat mounted.

Here are some current photos. I took the fender trim off last month to put fresh paint on the grill and I haven't put it back on yet. I'm toying with the idea of going with a 67-68 hood and going trimless...

'72 Jimmy Build

Last edited by snowblind; 12-27-2009 at 11:30 PM.
snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote