View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
HotRodScottsdale

Re: Craziest thing you've done to "just get home"

Driving my 76 long box 350 down the road and seen a biiiiiiiiig puddle and got the idea to go hit it....bad idea, water blew up around my motor so hard to shot my fan belt flyin to wrap up around my air intake and distributor, made it home almost over heating and tranny shifting funny, fixed the belt but the trans was still shifting funny till one day I was going to a friends just outside of town when it just gave up on me.luckly I had enough speed I coasted into a church parking spot and shut it down to let it cool off.my gf showed up in her f-150 to try and help and found out that only reverse worked..great, so I threw my backup lights on and away I went about 10 miles threw the city backwards with my girlfriend nose to nose with me fallowing all the way home.got a lot of strange looks and saprizingly no cops even pushing my skills to the max doing up to 50km in reverse,forklift driving skills came in handy that time!
There's lots of little fix's I've done to get home like bypass fuel selector valve, quick wired fuel pumps even flashlights to see at night,don't think any of my girlfriends have ever liked my truck lol
Posted via Mobile Device
HotRodScottsdale is offline   Reply With Quote