View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #32
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

Progress is good! I put in my engine to make up the torque bracket for the transfer case and look at the power steering pump location. I'm installing the finished torque bracket tonight and will take some pics. Took about 2 hours to make the cardboard template about 4 to cut, weld, grind, etc.

I had two stock power steering setups and spent an evening messing with them only to remember the engine I am using for the mock up has wrong crank pulley and old 283 heads. I did figure out I have plenty of room and will just put them on the final engine and then route the hoses.

I've been working on the cab welding up the rest of the holes where the foot starter went, patching in a couple of rusty places in the floor and prepping the bottom for undercoating.

Original steering boxes are a pain, it took me most of a day to get the steering wheel off. I think I painted mine too soon, seems like everything I have installed has slipped and scratched the paint to primer, I under estimated the amount of fabbing I had left to do. Take it easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.sharp View Post
Hey Patric,

Man I got my 4" blocks and the rear end in this past weekend. It was just like you said, it's about half an inch higher in the rear than the front. I'm trying to get the original steering box out right now and it's not cooperating. I really like the new stance of the truck. The steps of the doors are at my knee caps, (very cool). I also got the rally wheels on. Of coarse most of this will be taken back apart once mock up is complete to paint the frame and wheels. I appreciate all the help. Hopefully soon I will get to the power steering bracket. I still have to get the power steering box off the pitman arm (loads of fun).
Chat with ya latr,
B.Sharp
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote