Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 02:13 AM   #99
Scurry67

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Dash Repair Panel - Radio

So the PO cut out the radio panel to fit a modern single DIN radio, like many do.... And I like the original look with a modern radio setup. I plan to get one of the new radio's that look like original.

So here are some pics of my fix. I almost screwed up cutting out the new panel and how I cut the old panel. I was trying to be strategic so I wouldn't have to weld or grind on grooves or bends. Hard to do. I ended up figuring out that only the tabs were cut and so I just cut the tabs out of the new panel to fit the old but on the left side I didn't cut out enough and went through the left knob button with the cut like an idiot..... Don't know what I was thinking....

I was thinking the same thing for a radio. I actually recently purchased an original radio for the truck and plan on sending it in to get fm and aux. After reading this I went to see how it fit... Turns out I didn't realize the previous owner had modified the radio cut out... Good thing my parts cab has it. So I'll be grafting that in too

Awesome progress on the truck. The inner roof panel is looking good!
Scurry67 is offline   Reply With Quote