View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 10:46 PM   #48
Ghost's68

Re: And so it begins! Ghost's 68 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfstep View Post
Great looking project and nice execution/attention to detail.
Couple of questions...
How is the Modern Vintage wiring harness? Anything you liked or didn't like about it? and did you re-wire the rest of the truck. looking at the ModVintage site, he appears to have a c10 focus and integrates with AAW and Dakota Digital. i'm curious if he has a routing pattern for our c10's thats particularly neat or helpful or is it just a quality harness that looks neater because half the stock components are deleted.
Also what cam did you put in your LS3?
Thanks.
The Modern Vintage wiring harness is a really nice piece. When I called the guys up to place my order you can customize how every you want. They are super helpful and are willing to tailor it to your likes and needs. Super cool guys. Also since I follow them on IG, I’ve literally messaged them maybe 5-6 times with questions and they quickly respond with answers. Super helpful guys.

They have C-10’s and they do seem to focus on swaps for our trucks. When I got my harness I just got the standalone but was asked if I wanted to incorporate it with the body harness. At the time I said no but In retrospect I should have done it and redid my wiring. As far as the Dakota Digital gauges and my swap I currently did that upgrade and I’m just using the BIM module to read the ECU data. I think it’s cleaner then having to use DD wiring and sensors. I’m actually going to be updating this thread with my gauge swap.

My cam is a custom speced cam through Pat G and ground up by Texas speed. Cam is close to a BTR stage 3. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote