View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #21
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Subbed......I like watching your projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Yup, this is going to be awesome.

Thanks for following!

I've been working on blasting the bed, inside and out and underneath, that's about 95% done. I'll work on straightening and repairing as much as I can while it's in bare metal before going back over the areas I missed with the blaster and then shooting epoxy.

The seam between the upper and lower passenger side bedsides was pretty rough so I spent extra time cleaning it out with the blaster.

The new F250 bed floor has stamping for a fifth wheel ball, and the owner wants to add a fuel tank under the bed with the filler cap in the bed floor. I'll cut out two sections and swap them to make the center smooth and have a stamped area around the filler cap.

The rear corners had back up lights added, so I straightened the area and welded up the holes.

The bedside is wavy and sunk in over the front of the wheelwell so I've started stretching the area by hammer-on dolly plannishing the area to raise the low spots.

The bottom driver side behind the wheel opening had a couple creases, dents, and a torn spot on the edge of the flange.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote