View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 11:01 PM   #205
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

Well, it's been a hectic few weeks. Since my last post, we buried three family members and now I am dealing with a possible torn retina in my right eye.

As for the truck, things have been somewhat quite during the cold months. I was informed that we had some wrong weather stripping for the doors. . . go figure. Need to order replacements. At least Summit is good about taking back product from a year ago.

Need to order up a grille as my OEM is cracked in a number of places now. . . could have been preexisting. In any event, that needs to get ordered soon.

The gas tank and neck should be fitted by the time I get down for my next visit.

Rear glass and new gasket installed. Hush Mat installed, along with firewall pad and new carpet and felt. Tilt column installed.

Will be picking up a new windshield locally in a couple of days, in preparation for a 180 mile trip to pick up the wrong weather stripping.

On the way, I will be stopping to pick up a used OEM passenger door in an effort to use the nice rebuilt OEM wing window that doesn't want to work in the crappy import door that was already on the truck. Hopefully Greyhound doesn't beat the crap out of the replacement door.

If you look back through the thread, you will see where there is a dent in the cowl behind the where the rear fender meets up with the door. . . clearly an accident at one point and hence the crappy import door.

So. . . more body-prime-paint expense. When it rains it pours. Hopefully more current photos when I return from the upcoming road-trip.

Wish I had some Ruby Work Boots so I could click my heels and be somewhere else. . .
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote