View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
ATVYP

Re: Uncle Howard's 1946 Chevy Truck

I'm sure there will be some body work to do, but for the most part it's all done (although it will need re-spraying at very least). A family friend, Dick Schiller did the body work in the early 90's. He is very good at what he does, and everything has help up extrodinary. In fact, that has been one of the real joys of working on this truck the second time is it's like working on a brand new vehicle. The first time around we had to deal with rust, dirt, and old grease. Not this time! It's been a lot of fun. However, I do plan to clean up the firewall, but I'm not sure if I'll just fill holes or replace it.

I am at the point when I need to pre-assemble everything to see what fits and what doesn't. I dropped the frame off the rotisserie and have began assembling all the parts. I am also in the process of cleaning up all the aluminum components, so I will just have to polish / clear coat / paint - however I decide to finish it.

I really hope to install a 5 or 6 speed in it very soon. The TH350 is in great shape, and was built by Al Heinke with all the cool hot-rod parts, but there is something really fun about shifting gears. I understand most people get tired of stick for their daily driver, but this is my toy. So I am beginning a list of needed parts, and there are LOTS of nickel and dime stuff that will be needed soon. But if I can wing it, top of the list is a T5 (or if I can find an affordable T56) and possibly a TPI system.
Attached Images

ATVYP is offline   Reply With Quote