View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 12:46 PM   #100
jcramsey

Re: The Government Mule - 62 c20 with service bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinTone View Post
I just found y’all and I’m subbed! I have a 64 292 that was a farm truck on the last farm here in Orange County around where I live in CA. They tear them down for houses faster than you can say stovebolt!! I’ll post some pics and hopefully we can keep each other motivated to get them back on the road. I had the CHP come by to inspect mine, was so old and not registered it was out of the system. Unfortunately out here in loopy land there is a special tax for commercial vehicles, which these pickups are classified. So a $50 registration is $300 so they can build some high speed train from LA to SF..... never gonna happen.

Keep up the progress and I’ll some pics of my 64 soon. I can’t wait to get mine wizzing past those little v8 things!
Thanks for checking in! Looking forward to seeing your build...sounds like its got a little bit of history to it. Glad to see another inline fan. Jealous you already have the 292 in yours. I might have a line on another 292 if my dad can work out a deal with the lady that has it. I don't even have anything to put it in, but I'm a sucker for these straight sixes...especially the big ones.

Registering in SC isn't too bad thank goodness, and no car inspections either. Sorry they stick it to you in Cali.

The Government Mule
jcramsey is offline   Reply With Quote