View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 10:17 PM   #117
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

honestly I didnt see bruce's question, so thanks!

bruce they are pretty much the same 82-03, there are small differences in the brake lines and carrier crossmembers and frame boxing, and the early (up to about 91) motor mounts are a b and a half. I like using the 98+ donors because I use every part of the donor, like wiring and pedals and hvac, and the vortec motors are the most powerful, but really ANY year donor is good enough.

I dont sell or plan to sell mount kits, lots of companies do though so look around.

I did more work on a 98 pedal setup, thinking of going to a two piece setup because cramming the pedal box in is a fiddly chore, with a two piece the joint will be part of the dash brace and will use the column as a stressed member.

the little brace that will get welded on the bottom side is actually cut out of the upper window, waste not want not.

harbor freight has been keeping weird hours, I need to go pick up a roller stand for material on the table but this works too

I like helping out local guys with kits though, dan is killing it with his, almost roadworthy. the rear wheel looks too far back but its because there are no spacers, the wheel is sucked in about 3.5 inches.

anyway, more has been done but I dont have pictures, I will take some though.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote