View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #124
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I'm enjoying watching and I marvel at your spaceships, robot faces, and Transformer parts that you cut on your table. I found my way here courtesy Gregski from the shout-out he gave you in his thread. I spend most of my time on the Square side, but like seeing cool trucks of all types being built so thanks for posting.

hey you are welcome, I have fun for sure and I am glad people like to read my scrivening.

so I share my garage currently, I get the majority of it but there are things that have to be in the garage and there is a small amount of traffic. I run a usb extension to the table and if I am set up after bedtime I leave it hooked for the morning.

well in that short overnight, someone caught the usb cable with their foot. it was probably me, as I was sleeping, because everyone else is denying all knowledge. in the morning the table wouldnt 'jog', which is moving it slightly with hand controls, here is why.

I thought about calling for a replacement breakout board, but I spent about 10 years fixing electronics so what the heck, I found an old dvd player with a USB port and desoldered twice and resoldered once. good to go.

mom in law has been demanding work at the rental. she didnt like the siding primer color so now its blue with white trim, and she didnt like the tiny deck so now its a 10x10. garage door installed, HVAC hooked, more gravel and more everything really.

in between I have been on V2.0-V6.0 of the pedal bracket. I really want this to be a couple hour thing to install, pedals and column are the long pole on the swap body is relatively easy comparatively. so I am trying to make it as close to plug and play as possible. moving the pedal through bolt around to make sure its far enough from the firewall for a good stroke, low enough to be close to the floor so your foot doesnt go under it. my last version has a couple problems, least of which was that, with all the other changes I had made, the booster rod was at an angle coming to the pedal. usable, but still unacceptable. this is the best pic I have of the problem.

the pedal is also not far enough from the rod, needing a height change and angle-to-firewall change. so here is pedal assembly V6.1, hopefully the last one I design from mostly scratch.

and here it is with the stackup, including the firewall insert that makes it all possible.

it all bolts to the dash bracket I made earlier, so tomorrow I will put it all together for a MOCK up, and if 'alles es gut' I will weld it up.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote