View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 01:51 AM   #3
akart

Re: Sm465 gearing ratios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getter-Done View Post
This is a good option if your budget will allow it.
https://www.gearvendors.com/cg2wdt.html

GM 4-Speed Manual Transmission Trucks

The Muncie 465 is a great transmission from a durability standpoint, but it is the widest ratio 4-speed of the Big Three. It has a granny low and so then just 3 normally usable ratios. See Final Drive Ratios and notice the extreme benefit there is to gear-splitting by using the GEAR VENDORS. After the installation – it’s just a whole different truck and you would not be able to stand driving the truck without the new gears.

GM Trucks auxiliary transmissions

You will have a 2-speed thumb switch on your shift lever to control the GEAR VENDORS (turning it on/off) while depressing your clutch. The .78 to 1 overdrive ration will increase your vehicle speed by 28.6%.

Fuel savings are guaranteed to be over 20% in both diesel and gas applications and are typically improved to right at 28%. The UNDER/OVERDRIVE™ will pay for itself while giving you tremendous performance gains in torque multiplication and horsepower.

You will climb hills, cruise, tow, do everything so much better with the Gear Vendors installed. A true 7 speed application. There is just no good reason to drive a Muncie Sm465 equipped vehicle without a Gear Vendors.
Well here's a good reason: A Gear Vendor unit is about 3000.00 and about 4.000.00 installed. I think I will just rap my engine a little higher before I shift to stay in a good torque range. It would take me a long time to save 3K to 4K in gas @ a 20% savings. Good idea but way too expensive for me. Did you buy one??
akart is offline   Reply With Quote