View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 11:08 PM   #4
Overdriven

Re: Need help choosing a trans

Did some quick research to clarify some things. According to Novak Adapters the sm465 has a 35 spline output and the new t10’s on Summit are 32 spline outputs requiring a new yoke. Inputs are 10 spline on sm465 and 26 spline on t10, so a new clutch is required. A quick search says your stock clutch is 10.5 and Summit shows a bunch of 10.5 clutch kits in 26 spline so you can keep your stock flywheel if it’s in good shape.

For the bellhousing, Novak adapters says your SM465 bellhousing has a 5-1/8 bore while car bellhousings like the t10 is meant for are 4-11/16 bore. To put a t10 in it you will need a spacer ring to take up the gap or a car bellhousing. Some frown upon using the spacer ring unless it’s a really tight fit to the trans and bellhousing since this is indexing the trans to the bellhousing and engine.

Sorry I didn’t do some quick searching before, intended it to be a quick post then I got curious about what I couldn’t remember. Hope this helps. Oh, other options without hydraulic clutch, Saginaw 4spds, obviously Muncie, McLeod has a 5spd but all these need a new yoke and have the same bellhousing issue. But Muncie M20 and M21 both old and those available new, have 10 spline inputs if that matters to you. AX-15’s are pretty inexpensive and have overdrive so they may be worth dealing with a hydraulic clutch.

Last edited by Overdriven; 01-06-2019 at 12:11 AM.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote