View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:06 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: L6 to V8 weight bias significance

The simple answer is "No". People didn't simply relocate the mounts forward where they need to be mostly because they didn't know any better. Didn't even know the engine was sitting back too far. All they knew is it dropped right in. Most didn't know the mounts were different either

Personally, I think it's silly to be concerned with such non-significant weight bias on a TRUCK. These aren't sports cars. Trucks are built to add weight to. AND, do people think the engineers at GM didn't know what they were doing? Why question what they did? PLUS... the reason the I6 mounts are farther back (just a couple inches) is because they are longer. So the weight is spread about the same, only a bit lighter with the six. Not that the truck will feel it. If you want a noticeable improvement in weight bias, move the engine to right behind the cab

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-05-2020 at 07:13 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote