View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #25
Ackattack

Re: Pro-touring 65' C-10

Just build mine with a 65 body [I was planning on building a P/T 68 camaro.....then I decided on "redoing" my 72 GMC....then I bought a 68 SWB C-10....go figure ]

I call mine pro touring, but it may not be in all the since of the term. I guess it's pro touring in looks, but with some other comprimises since it will be multi-purpose (corner carving, maybe an autocross, drag racing, show, and cruiseing)

I put a 4L60E in mine. If I wasn't drag racing (bracket racing to be more specific) I'd have a 6 speed.

If I wasn't planning on showing it, I'd probably go with coil overs instead of the air bags.

I'd also probably run some 17" wheels instead of the bling bling 20s I have on there now.

The rear suspension setup isn't too bad. A lot of the pro-touring guys (camaros and nova along with some others) switch to a "truck arm" suspension. (http://www.hotrodstohell.net/catalog/catalog.htm) One improvement that could be made is have the panhard bar adjustable (as in move the mounting point on the frame up and down). That would be one more thing that could be done to help "tune" it to the track conditions.

Last edited by Ackattack; 10-21-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote