View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
ambryatim

My 1957 Chevy Truck "Journey"

Hello all, I have been here for awhile and just lurking, getting ideas and dreaming about my build. Well, I have finally decided to start a build thread.

A little History:

Back in '99 I purchased a 1957 Chevy Truck for a partly $600 dollars. It was an old farm truck that had seen better days.

I was at Wyo Tech during this time in there Street Rod program. There I grafted a 78 Z28 Camaro Clip onto the truck. Much to my surprise the drop was not what I had hoped for. It had only lowered the truck 1" from stock ride height. The only thing I could think of was that I measured wrong somewhere down the line. I kept the truck for 3 years and decided to part it out.

Well, having a kid help with that decision too. About, 6 months later a deal came to me that I thought was a steal (at the time) so, I purchased the truck I have today. Had it stored at my Father-in-laws for about 5-6 years.

It already had a Clip grafted to it, but the welding was less than adequate. So, I decided to re-clip the ol' girl. I have been acquiring parts for the past few years (7 to be exact) that way I could actually have the ability to see the truck change. So this is where we will begin this "Journey" with the clip install.

Between, 2 kiddos (3 and 7) and my wife. Updates and progress will probably come in little spurts. Here are some pics of the truck as purchased. Please any comments and questions are more than welcome. I know how much we all like pics here so, Enjoy!

Last edited by ambryatim; 07-12-2010 at 12:17 PM.
ambryatim is offline   Reply With Quote