View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #1032
Coley

Smile Re: Post pics of your Longbed Trucks!! No short stuffs allowed!!

this is a great thread but it sure takes a while to check out the sweet truck examples here......some very nice machinery.
Here is my '72 Custom Deluxe 10. It was a California truck for all its life originally purchased by a German guy. It came with the highlander package group c (tilt/etc), a/c, deluxe gauges, original 350-4bbl (rebuilt approx. 15-20 year ago)...and I added the Tach/Vac combo. I'm really glad the original owner took extremely good care of the truck and it wasn't left to anyone putzing around with it....its really made a positive difference to me. Its not perfect tho' and the white inset on the side and upper blue probably needs a re-do in the next couple of years but its very tight and very solid (...thanks California!!)
The other I want to do to it as well is try to get something going with 'Truckseats' to see if I can get a highlander bench seat done with the centre scrolling....more on that later!
All in all, I haven't had to do much to it at all except some detailing and some general tuning, etc.
The best part about this truck is that.....well, it is a really good truck. It runs out nicely, very little if anything is wrong with it, its very reliable and its a joy to drive it....its a really good truck, what more can I say.
All Good
Coley

....I've posted these pics in another thread too...but what the heck.
Attached Images

2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Coley; 11-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.