View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #197
knomadd

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

It's been far too long since I've done any updates with actual work on the truck, so here's one small one.

I tore the grille and bumper off so I could replace the outer grill supports. The hood bumpers were gone because there weren't any nuts to screw into, and I wasn't about to try and sandwich the grille between a pair, just to have hood bumpers. Plus, I really wanted to add the filler panels and trying to adjust hood bumpers when you can't get to the nuts is impossible.

While tearing the front end apart, I found out the drivers side turn signal had been getting water inside. It was all rusty and damp, so I took it apart and scuffed it and painted it white to slow the process, if water gets in next time. The gasket was fine, but I did find that the wires were the weak link in the sealant department. Had to put some silicone in the end of the plastic sleeve that wraps around the wires to keep the water out. Went ahead and did it to both sides so the passenger light doesn't have the same fate.

My computer at home screwed up over the weekend, so I lost a bunch of pictures I had taken with my camera. Thankfully, I pulled the SD card before it ruined them all. I was able to save one pic. The last one I took... So here it is. Filler panels installed and drivers side light fixed. Looks like I need to take the passenger side turn signal out and paint it too. Looks odd.
Attached Images

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote