View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #84
skyphix

Re: 1980 Chevy C10 - Ugly but Functional

Christmas has put a little pause on this, financially... well, that and needing tires and a battery on one of our current dailies, and a battery in my work vehicle. Down to the final stuff. Need to assemble the radiator mount and run some trans cooler lines. The braided cooler line kit I got uses some of the worst quality AN fittings I've ever seen, and sent a very odd assortment (three 90 degrees and a straight) - so my routing will be funky. One straight over the top of the passenger valve cover/coil assembly, and the return routed around the engine bay. Both will go through the trans tunnel to the ports though. Decided to do a super simple dump down for the exhaust. Dual 2.5" glasspacks for this year until I know exactly what the higher performance engine will end up having for manifolds/headers, then I'll have the race shop fab up a dual 3" with an X and some higher quality mufflers, out the rear of the truck. No cats at all.

It hasn't died, and I can start it like a new car right now... just much to the chagrin of my neighbors.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote