View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #10
saxart

Re: Is LMC REALLY this bad?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Can't really tell from your pic, but does the whole cable flange just go thru the 11/16 hole with no interference? I've had issues with rear brake cables fitting no matter who I bought them from. Pretty sure mine were inline tube. Make certain you have the actual part number you ordered, not just "a" rear cable. If the whole thing doesn't slip right on thru, try inserting from the shoe side and then installing a C-clip in the circumference groove on the back side (inside/innermost face that is visible with the drum on). The design on the aftermarket stuff changes often, but sometimes it does work. Anyway, this is what I had to do with some of the ones I've seen. If, on the other hand, the whole cable end just slides right thru the hole (and I think that is what you're saying), I'd return it and order another set somewhere else. Yes, very frustrating.
No, this cable didn't slip all the way through, but there was no way the "prongs" were going to hold it in there, which is wrong. The cable is WAY too "thin" and the prongs are way too short. Once the Rock-Auto cables show up (assuming they fit) LMC WILL be getting these cables back with a not so nice "love note" stating how displeased I am with the fact that I had to pay to have these shipped to (and probably back from) my house for the return. Moral of the story for LMC, if you're going to sell something you CLAIM to fit, MAKE SURE IT FITS!
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote