View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 06:20 AM   #13
Grumpy old man

Re: Is LMC REALLY this bad?!?!?

These are common problems when specialty parts suppliers grow and hire "parts pullers" over a more knowledgeable employee who knows their products and could have corrected the wrong pulled part before it left the building , these issues also occur when buying online with no human interaction .

For the guys who are "new" to these trucks or really any build

Order the companies catalog or at least download it .most are free and have more info than the basic online picture with a price ,there are a few catalogs that have diagrams , (lmc) which can show how the part is installed and supporting info just not listed online .

Use your phone and talk to the parts rep ,you may find your ordering issues disappear when you talk to George or Chris or whoever is on the other end , kill them with kindness over the phone ,ask questions and turn something as simple as ordering a part into a positive experience for both you and the guy stuck answering the phone , this works so much better and if you do have a problem when it arrives at your place you can call back and talk to "George or Chris " to rectify the issue .

You can't ask the computer questions or ask for a discount on shipping but " George or Chris " just may help you out ! I always ask for discounts sometimes you get them or free shipping ! Hey , it's your time and money use it wisely !

This is why I'll buy from some of the smaller suppliers like manestruckparts.com I've built some personal repor, they know I build 67's and if something different is ordered they acctually call me to verify before shipping , Try getting that service from the mega suppliers !

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 06-07-2016 at 06:33 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote