Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #35
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Not much to tell/show on the Camaro right now. It was my main project until I stopped hanging out with the local car club. Got it as a 454/TH400/4.11 with stock size tires, but it sucked to drive around town, so much drone and RPM at like 45mph. I put in 3.42 gears and put the wheels from my 3rd gen on it and it was a lot better. Then I put a spare T56 I had lying around and then was able to get mileage on the highway, I think around 11mpg, then I put a Holley TBI on it and got around 13mpg. After that I started buying pro-touring parts for it, I have the Anvil Auto Carbon fiber one piece nose, flat hood, inner fenders, trunk and filler and low one piece spoiler. The suspension is Customworks performance, front coil overs, fiberglass rear leafs, AFCO one way shocks all around. After I bought all that I decided to pull the BBC and put in the 4.8 I had sitting on the stand since I wanted to go LS anyway. I got the 4.8 and all the wiring done, then I pulled all that out and put the 4.8 in my 92 firebird. So, the Camaro sits in the driveway with no engine or trans and no interior really. I want to drive it at NJMP for the Ultimate street car challenge this year since I have two earned participant entries. I have an LS1 that is parts that I plan on putting in it for the event with a T56, 4.11 rear with a Torsen. I also want to do the body work on the car so it looks nice. I don't know how much I will get done though, I am running out of money and too many projects, I feel like I should sell it and continue with my truck and Suburban and focus on the plan I have for life...... decisions decisions.

Anyway, I was thinking the Banks intake for the 94-98 Dodge pickup with the Y split. I am not sure if it will work with the VE pump on the engine instead of the p though. I like stock, but I have a feeling like I am going to want to do some upgrades, and I think that would be a good part to have in the beginning since I may be fabricating the intake tubes anyway.
Also, I think you had issues with the vacuum pump being on your engine? I found someone that may may brackets to delete the vacuum pump, so you can run the power steering pump directly on the back of the case. Some people are saying it is not worth the money/trouble, I think it would make life easier as there would be one less point of failure for something that I don't even need. What is your opinion on that?
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote