Thread: 24v Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #48
notchbackgta

Re: 24v Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
The injection pump is shaft has a key in it and there is a slot in the gear for the key. Only the P-pumps do not have the key. Unless you pony up and get an adjustable gear.

You just put the gear in the stock position for a dodge. The service manual will tell you which letter to use. You will want to use a VE cam gear since the P pump cam gear won't have the C like the VE's do. I used my 24v gear and used the stock dot with no issues. As far as timing the pump to the housing, without a spacer you rotate it as close to the head as you can go. That is not over kill by any means. I've been running Denny T pins and am a dealer for them. What turbo do you plan to run? By the way, stock non intercooled nozzles are 4x.010 I think. I usually put a 5x.010 or 5x.012 in them.
OK, I was going through the IP section of the manual and it was going on about using a dial indicator and timing it to 1.25mm, so I assumed it meant there was no key on the shaft. That section also referenced the engine section of the manual for setting stuff up, but I didn't get that far before I needed to go to bed. I think I got the cam gear with the VE setup, so I will make sure I use that and give the P pump gear when I sell.

I plan on the stock turbo, unless there is something wrong with what ever I get, if I have to replace it for any reason I would consider putting something bigger/faster on. I pretty much plan on doing a head gasket and head studs before I put the engine in, just as a precaution. I guess I would be OK with the 5x injectors. I don't want to roll coal or anything, I want to be as incognito as possible, but a little extra power if need be.

Going to look at this truck tomorrow, price is right, seems pretty clean and not too many miles. I think I can get him under $4,000 since the ad he has on Facebook is only $4,200
https://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/6159262415.html
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote