View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Help! Overwhelmed on Where to Start

Haggerty is wrong. It's not true for all vehicles. A well optioned K/20 as it came from the factory is highly sought after and people are willing to pay for that. You can take a commonly available 73-87 3/4t 4wd chassis and 'create' dozens of 67-72 "looking" K/20s any way you want. You can swap a 67-72 C-model body onto a 67-72 K-model chassis but from what I have seen you won't get as much for either with the wrong VIN. There may be more and more fools with more money than sense buying into these trucks every day making foolish moves someone who knows these trucks wouldn't do. I guess it could control where the values/buying preferences go with so much more of that going on, but the true collector knows the most value is in that which can not be replicated, that which has remained as built through all the years. If someone pays crazy high-dollar money for a K/20 restomod it's because they wanted all that modern crap, not a real K/20. Also, to a true enthusiast the money is not what it's about. That is for the investors.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote