Thread: Arkansas K10
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #139
davischevy

Re: Arkansas K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I never seem to stumble over to the four by section and knew I must be missing some good builds. And I was right! I agree you could have played it either way Larry - tune it up and drive it, or pull it all the way apart. But if the color was wrong it would have bugged you and once you decided to paint it, you might have ended up pulling apart all you had done to get it on the road anyway. So I think you just circumvented losing that time by just pulling it apart first. Like my logic?

I made some notes and enjoy seeing the work go together. You didn't mention what you had done with the engine, etc. The carburetor looks like it was rebuilt or restored too?
The engine was reportedly rebuilt just before I bought it. This seller was a straight up kind of guy, but I never take a sales pitch to the bank. I drove it around quite a bit before I took it apart. It drove out so nice I never broke the trans, transfer and engine apart. I had the carb rebuilt for aesthetics. I have had the engine started since I set it back in the frame and it sounded great. If I could get past paint jail I would have it made. All the NOS or restored parts are laying her ready for assembly.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote