View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
quadzero

Re: '87 GMC Blue Rhino Project

Thanks Thirdstreet, For now the tires are 35x12.50 on 15's. This is temporary as my replacement axles are 8 bolts and will take 16 inch rims. Pretty depressing reading other wip's and seeing beautifully prepped and painted frames which is what I wish I would be doing but for now I will get the truck rolling and hopefully this summer get going on a garage project....So, for now sorry about the SS Rustoleum project.
Not much to see, but 15' of brake line installed, now to tackle the front lines. Got some goodies that I will be needing on the front.

The main problem with the front brake lines is that althou the lift kit provides a drop bracket to lower the brake hose mounting point, you still have to extend the brake lines to meet up at the new location. The instructions say do not bend or kink the existing brake line. So, unless someone else changed my lines previously, there is no way that's going to happen without adding more line. And off course undoing the old corroded fittings mean that that old lines twist and break. I will change all of them with new lines. The kit's instructions make no sence to me as to the way they would have you locate the new drop bracket so I made another bracket from scrap to attach the drop hangers to. I also had to file notches in them to accept the new brake hose. You can just see it in the foreground piece.

Here it is installed on the bumpstop(?) perch. I will leave the original bracket in place just in case I can find longer brake hoses because I don't really like how this looks. Cheers everyone, Les
quadzero is offline   Reply With Quote