View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
old51sedan

Re: L6/SBC/BBC/Trans/Driveshaft/Crossmember Swap Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwren View Post
I see lots of piecemeal info from where someone says something like "I've got an L6 with a 3-speed Saginaw, and I want 454 with a 700R4, what do I need?" and such.

Has ansyone ever considered consolidating this into a big "I am here, I want to go there" matrix to figure out what you need for the swap, what can remain the same, etc?

In my case, L6 with a 3-speed Saginaw, and I want to go to a L6 with a TH350. I can (and will) search the the forums to find out if I need a different crossmember (and which one), and if I've got to change the driveshaft length or not.

But it seems like it'd be pretty cool to point everyone at an Excel or Google spreadsheet, and say "This has everything you need to know".
I'm thinking the 3 speed and the Th350 may be the same length, if not your trans mount will slid back and forth, there are different holes for it. As far as the drive shaft I'm not sure. I just removed my TH350 and installed a 200-R4 and all I did was move the mount back about 6" and the original drive shaft slid back in and bolted right up. If you already have both transmissions all you need to do is measure.
old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote