View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
zippeay

My own build thread

Well, I've been lurking for a long time around here and I figured I'd share my build with everyone. I first planned on just doing a few "minor" things to it and of course I've turned it into a huge project now... My wife is so excited! haha

Anyway here we go!
I can't seem to find all my pictures so I will condense this down a lot, I started out with a fairly rough long bed and decided to make it a short bed.

Here is the frame where I shortened it

Here it is welded together

Bed layout

Me cutting the bed, this is the best part for me

Here is the bed welded back together

Here is the rusty floors I'm replacing

I wish I would have researched the rockers better because the LMC rockers didn't have the door jam area's so I had to hand make them.... took me forever!

Here is the new rocker and floor installed

I made the lower half of this door... I should have just bought a new skin because this sucked...

This is after I finished welding everything

The paint was horrible so I've been stripping it all off, man did this make a mess of my garage...

Here is the drivers side floor I'm working on right now, all the floor braces need to be remade also because they are almost totally gone

This is where I'm currently at, hopefully I will finish the whole floor this weekend if everything goes ok.

Once I finish the floors and finish stripping all the paint off then I'm pulling the motor and trans so I can start bagging it. I've never bagged anything before so I hope it turns out ok, if not then I'll have a really clean pile of crap I guess

Anyway, this is a really cool site with lots of good info. Hope everyone likes my build. I hope I can get this thing on the road within the next 2-3 months. That's going to be pushing it but I need a vehicle so I can give my car to my daughter.
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote