View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
tboltkc

Original Soft Top - Need some help

I have had a soft top laying around for quite a while and am planning to install it on my '72 Jimmy this year. I just went out and looked at it trying to figure out what brand it is, and I believe it may be an original top (score?). The only markings I found on it say "November 1970" and it looks just like the one in my 1972 Jimmy sales brochure.

Problem is, I don't think it's all there. Does anyone have any pictures or information (dealer install instructions would be awesome) pertaining to the original dealer installed soft top?

Any help would be really appreciated. Today or tomorrow I'll try to take some pictures of the pieces I have and post them here. It looks like I have the top, the part that screws to the header above the windshield, the rails that go on the bedsides, two bows and two long straight pieces. I think the parts I'm missing are what hold the bows to the bedsides. I'm hoping they are a simple piece that I can fabricate. And I have no idea where the two long straight pieces go (I'm not even sure they go with this top).

-Travis
tboltkc is offline   Reply With Quote