View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
tboltkc

Re: Original Soft Top - Need some help

Craig -

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I would really like to see a picture of the bow pivot.

The attachment to the windshield frame must be different for the original style top. The top itself has a plastic channel on it, and there is an aluminum piece that somehow mounts above the windshield and this plastic channel, I think, hooks to that. The AL piece is in the middle of the fuzzy picture in my first post with pictures. I'm not sure how it attaches though. It has holes in it that look like they've had screw heads holding it on, but it doesn't really seem like it'll fit and allow screws to secure it to the windshield frame (I have a spare firewall I have tried fitting it on).

I appreciate the help, and would really appreciate a picture of the bow pivot, so I could see how it was made. It would be nice if that's all I was missing. Any pictures you could send of how it all attaches, and where the top attaches to the bows would be awesome. If you want to post here, great, but if you want my email, let me know.

Thanks,
Travis
tboltkc is offline   Reply With Quote