View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
smith15

Re: Just bought 1972 Jimmy Half Cab

Thanks, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure it out! I had found this one thread on a different forum but it had a lot of hearsay: "The guy I got my MREs from today said he has a 1972 Chevy Blazer Factory Hardtop Half Cab. Ive never seen one. He said their are only a couple left. He said the Military and some Fire Dept. had some. He knows of only 2. One is in a musuem and the other was lovered and is a show truck. He is going to send me pics, But I thought I would ask here. Anybody even heard of these. I think it is a blazer with a hardtop that stops behind the front seats. He said it is like a truck though. Solid body."
Anyway the topic never got resolved on the thread but I figured y'all would know on here. So thanks.

Anyway... more about the truck: It's a 4 speed, with a 402, factory AC but no compressor, has tilt steering (which I can tell the column was taken from an automatic). Dash is uncut. I haven't had a chance to clean her up much. I just drove her 400 miles. I was surprised by her ability to keep highway speeds. I definitely hit 80mph or a little better. I normally collect, sell, trade early Bronco's as a hobby and a lot of those do not like highway speeds. I have a '72 Blazer too that is pretty badass. I thought it would be cool to have '72 Jimmy and '72 Blazer in the driveway. I haven't had a chance to clean her up much. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Attached Images

smith15 is offline   Reply With Quote