View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 02:15 AM   #21
In The Ten Ring

Re: What did you scrimp on for your shop and later wished you wouldnt have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
We built a nice, big shop for this rich dude over to Park City-underground like that. He had the money to just have us remove the hillside, build the garage, then put the hillside back. He had an on-going battle with the city over him having a helo-port on the roof, so we did a pan deck, like a parking structure. In the end, the city refused to let him land his helicopters in town, so that's when he decided to bury the whole thing. Only thing you can see from the road now are the overhead doors. Fun job. As soon as we started digging we ran into a vein of those quartz crystals. You could pick up a bucketful in 5 minutes. I still have a few of the really nice ones around here somewhere. I haven't thought about that job in a while, thanks for the reminder!
So he "had the money" but clearly didn't realize living in a city might limit what he could do with his own property.

I'll bet if he had built outside city limits, he could have had two heli-pads on his garage roof. (I'd like to have one on my dream garage roof also).
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote