View Single Post
Old 02-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: New member with an old truck

Thanks for the welcomes everybody!
I got the seats, gas tank carpet, and the fuel tank along with the fuel lines in the cab out today. I also started on getting the guage cluster out, but stopped there. I suppose I may as well list a few of my plans. For an engine I will be getting a 5.7 Vortech from the place that I work. Engine management will be handled by a Painless Wiring Harness, possibly along with a complete truck harness. For the suspension I would like to go air ride, with an AirOverLeaf system in rear and the regular system in front. I do plan on doing a frame off so everything underneath will be cleaned and fixed as needed along with a fuel tank somewhere on the frame. For the interior I am looking at some nice bucket seats, but I will keep the originals in case I ever convert it back, it's just that by the time I refoam and recover the originals, I could have bought some that will be twice as comfortable and look nice too. Sandblasting is in the works too to uncover as many problem areas as possible. I want this truck to last a long time so a little time now will save a lot of time later. Although the bed was primered by the previous owner, I believe bondo was used to cover up a few things. I also need to get some doors, front fenders and inners, tailgate, along with the patch panels. I am leaning towards LMC truck because they have free truck freight on orders over $1000. Thanks again for the warm welcomes.
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote