View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 07:21 PM   #14
dagnabbitt

Re: 1981 SWB Stepside Build

Thanks for prodding me, I need to keep up with this build thread!

The update is that Blueprint has taken good care of me. The company's service is good, but sporadic. I can tell that they are growing at a fast rate, it is hard to get hold of anybody, but when I have, the service has been great. They sent me a cheque for the shop time to fix the above. It took several months and about 10 phone calls, but they did.

But boy there is a lot going on with this truck. After getting the intake back on it promptly developed an oil leak which really looked like it was a rear seal but which turned out to be the pan gasket. While it was in the shop getting the leak fixed, I added a really thick front swaybar to the front, I am looking for one for the rear.

I then drove it a total of maybe 10 miles before I discovered I have no manual 2nd gear and no overdrive. Likely the 2-4 band. So it is currently at the tranny shop again. If my trans guy will warranty this 700r4 I will install a posi rear end while it is there.

The truck is getting slowly dialed in though, and the engine is rowdy. It is super fun to drive, I just need to get it to stop leaking and breaking! I will try to post some pics of the work done soon. Meanwhile here is a picture of my Slurpee in an Edmonton Oilers cup sitting on the bedrail. I set it there when I filled up and was at least 3 miles down the road before I saw it in the rear view mirror, I have no idea how it stayed in place.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote