View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 01:13 PM   #39
TotallyHucked

Re: Huck's 85 GMC shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
huck, enjoyed the build & looking at a nice truck!! I too have had a few "dealings" with the AC D pumps (EP 381) I installed 2 in my '86 LS SWAPPED truck (build on here) and one failed after about 3 startups. I grudgingly replaced the bad one with same like and kind, so far I THINK both are operating correctly. my issue is that I get "lean pops" at initial start up - for about 1-2 minutes, then it seems to run fine (no codes) my tuner thinks my FP needs to be more (currently steady around 52-55PSI). he thinks I need to replace the delcos with Whalbros and separate filter and regulator.... aarrggg. anyways very nice truck & maybe catch you out here "in the desert" soon... C10 reunion maybe!
Thanks! I'll keep updating this thread to get up to current times. I've been out your way for Dino's Git Down the last 2 years in Glendale. I work for AMD and we had a booth set up there, gave away a whole squarebody body in '22 and several bed kits this past year. Hoping I get to go again this year.

Your fuel pressure is definitely just a touch low, you should be at 58psi. For my setup, I'm running the Walboro in tank 255 in a stock '87 TBI sending unit. I ran hose along the driver's frame and mounted an '06 Corvette fuel filter/regulator where it's easily accessed. Then a return line goes from that back to the tank and a supply goes to the motor. That filter/regulator combo is set at 58psi for the stock Corvette. I stick with either AC Delco or Wix though, I've had issues with off brand filters and so has my tuner. Something to think about.
Walker Tuned
5/8 drop
US Mags
TotallyHucked is offline   Reply With Quote