View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
collisioncenter

Re: 06 Seirra frame swap

I have a great way of lifting the cabs, in fact so great that I should probably patent it. I don't like to use a hoist for lifting cabs because it never fails that as soon as you get a cab on one you need the hoist, or the pickup is always in the way. So I figured out what to do for any DIY'er. If you have a source for compressed air and you can borrow or even buy 2 air powered bumper jacks (They were real popular in the 60s and 70s) you then simply place one under the pinch weld on the passengers side and one under the pinch weld of the drivers side and begin lifting. Make sure there centered on the cab as far as weight distribution. Once the cab is up it can rest on them for as long as you need it to, and its fairly stable. Once you've settled the cab back on the frame properly you can wheel the jacks out of the way or return them. Your lift can be anywhere you put them. It works amazing. And quite honestly these bumper jacks are getting so reasonable you can just about buy them and have them sitting around for the next project....I should've never spilled the beans on this, I could probably be a millionare...Oh well good luck with it.
collisioncenter is offline   Reply With Quote