View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #95
Techie79

Re: My 1958 GMC 100 Stepside Budget Build

Removed the cab again and flipped it up on the back for hopefully the last time. Welded in some supports for the bench seat that I plan on using and brushed on some bed liner.

I didn't get any pictures but I got the cab flipped back upright and did a little welding to fill in a few temporary screw holes and removed a couple of broken screws for the door latch mounts. I think the cab is finally ready for a little primer touch up and body work so I started looking at the passenger door. I knew from the flaked off body filler and rusty spot on the bottom of the door that it had some body work in the past but it was much worse than I thought. The entire bottom half of the door had a layer of body filler that was a good 1/8th inch thick in places and several holes where it looks like they had used a slide hammper to pull out the damage. I'm gonna try to save it but this may call for a new lower door skin.

I stumbled across these on facebook last week for $25. They need some cleanup and a fresh layer of paint but I loved the look of the old school finned Edelbrocks.

Techie79 is offline   Reply With Quote