View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #13
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Nostalgia - Pics in Time.

This photo was taken in 1970 by my dad of his then new Buick GS. Excuse the quality it was a Polarioid picture. What’s more important is he captured an image of the 1962 long bed fleetside purchased new by one of our neighbors. It had the deluxe chrome package and a bright aluminum grille. By the time this photo was taken he’d obviously added a camper shell:

The parents had just spent over $2,000 repairing their 54 Oldsmobile sedan, and it still came home on a tow hook. It went bye-bye, and the dad got the brand new truck shown. The mom came home with a brand new 1962 Impala 2 door hardtop. His truck was the first one I’d ever seen purchased by someone I knew, and hers was the first new car I’d ever seen with bucket seats and a floor shift. I never owned a camera back then so no pics of her car. We thought they were the coolest parents ever. In 1966 they bought their 17 year old son a black inside and out 1964 Impala SS 327/4 speed. It remains the coolest “new” car I've ever seen.

This photo was taken in the early 80’s. It was a former show truck owned by the local bachelor barber shop owner. The grille, bumpers, cowl vent, steps, and everything under the hood received fresh chrome. It had the 73 bed and was the most beautifully finished truck I’d ever seen at that time. He always came to work early and parked in that exact spot (in front of his store) for years.