View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #1
vannatta20

1976 Cheyenne LT1 swap completed and she sounds nasty!

Hey guys I have posted some builds on here but this one is my LT swap. This is a LT1 with a 6l80e 6 speed auto trans. It has dual 3 inch black widow mufflers. For steering I wanted to try out electric power steering. So far its working great. The video I talk about it a bit more. Plan is to keep the outside the way it is. This is a driver and street brawler build. Not a show truck. I am to hard on things for that. Next I need to get a posi unit for the 12 bolt rear. Acceleration is great and it idles at 560 rpm with a texas speed stage 2 cam. This build is actually not a LT1 though. I fibbed. It is a L83 truck engine converted to the LT1 intake. I cant afford the 6.2. I got the L83 off ebay for 1800$ shipped. Bought the 6l80e of ebay for 700$ shipped. Installed a circle D 3000 stall in it. its a great combo and I love it. I convert gen V and Gen IV harness for standalone builds and this is second personnal build with a Gen V. My other is a 1996 2 door 4x4 Tahoe. That one is my daily. This one is close to being done. I am working on getting the factory AC working this weekend then start cleaning up the engine bay.

Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLN3lajSpvY&t=140s

Last edited by vannatta20; 08-18-2018 at 12:20 AM.
vannatta20 is offline   Reply With Quote