View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 07:59 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Police Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
a newer selection
Thanks a lot for sharing that great variety of Mounted Police vehicles through the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Love all the Maryland cars, reminds me of home.
Those modern caprices are no joke too. That’s an LS powered Pontiac G8/5th Gen Camaro SS wolf in sheep’s clothing. All three are based loosely of the same Holden platform. I work with a few retired LEO’s who drove them and said they are almost too much car for the job with certain officers behind the wheel, but they are a blast to drive hard when you need too.
I'm glad to be bringing back (hopefully good ) memories. I have thought about how Maryland has never had any high pursuit vehicles like the Camaros and Muttwangs a lot of states have implemented. But I figure it's because they use plenty fast sedans. If the idea of the sportier models is to be intimidating for being seen as fast cars, the Maryland Trooper paint scheme is intimidating enough as well as their uniforms. Standards have changed, but I recall when the minimum requirement was plus 6' tall and 250#. They wear their hats in USMC fashion which gives off a very authoritative presence. Plus, their sedans are plenty fast. That one by the water is so Maryland
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote