View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
weim55

Re: hood to fender gap

This was the decision maker why I chose not to use the repop fenders. Look closely where the fender meets the grill panel at the top, you can get a straight line at the fender and hood but that makes it impossible for the nose peak to match the fender. Now look at the upper line of the cove where the grill panel meets the fender, The fender cove line is much too high. Now look at the cove line where it wraps around the headlight bezel, it does not have a gentle curve around the bezel as it should and the line is way off. Yes, it would be possible to cut and hammer dolly this correct, Hell I even contemplated cutting this area out of the original fender and welding it in. If it was just a single issue I would’ve fixed the new fenders but because there were so many multiple problems I wrote them off. I’m not picking on your truck HO455, In fact your truck looks damn nice. I don’t think I would’ve noticed any of that stuff on your truck as an observer. But as all you guys know when you’re actually putting this stuff together and see all the details as it’s coming together it’s hard to turn away from the stuff that isn’t right.

Steve weim55 Colorado
Attached Images

weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote