Thread: GM Semis
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:49 PM   #934
watahyahknow

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldflyboy View Post
junkmandan3,

I bought the Champion bus for $1100. It has the 3116 Cat in it. I don't know about the trans yet but I do know the engine and transmission run out great. Shifts feel good and no even a wisp of smoke when you do a full power takeoff. First diesel I have ever owned that I could not get to blow at least some smoke. I followed it home in my Cummins powered Dodge 3500 and never even smelled it. It is turned down real lean I guess. The odometer shows 310K miles. It sure runs out great for that kind of miles. I will get a flashlight and find tags to see what it has. The guy I bought it from knew just about nothing about. No paper work at all. Here is a better picture except I am in it to spoil the view. The tire standing beside it was to try to see what it would look like if I shortened the wheel base. I think I will leave it alone. Air bags on the rear are nice.
congrats , seems like a verry comfortable rig too to get in and out of , no high steps to get in the cab flat floor you can stand up inside too
if they put in good seat it prolly be more comfortale and roomie to drive than a regulair truck

still think it used to be some sort of bus in its former life

http://www.bargainbusnews.com/Buses/...roletChampion/

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote