View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #35
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
>>Maybe not to you, but if you know the right vehicles to look at it will. I like going through the junkyards and finding parts that I can make work.<<

Isn't that the question the OP was originally asking? So, what's your answer? What Parallel Flow fits?

Any junk yard selection or universal presents the same problems.

Selecting the correct width and height is just the start. Fabricating mounts is straight forward and very easy. The fittings aren't that much of a problem, because you are attaching flexible hoses. What is on the other end of those hoses is a different problem to be dealt with separately.

The real problem that is the most difficult to deal with is, which way the original fittings are pointed. How long are they? How many bends are in them? How high or low?
What has to be cut or moved in order to make connections, even with flexible hoses?
How big of a hole in the radiator support are you willing to cut to make it work?

I used a Parallel Flow from a Chrysler 300C. I had to cut one fitting off and TIG weld a different fitting that had different bends. I did this about 13 years ago and i wasn't aware at the time if any aftermarket direct-fit parallel flow was available.

My entire '67 system is from the junkyard, but I'm not about to recommend the same to anyone.

'89 and '94 Cad pusher fans on the '01 Chrysler condenser.
A 108* honda temp switch controls the '89 fan.
The 508 Sanden came from A mid '80s VW Cabriolet.
The Evap suitcase is a Automatic Climate Control unit from a '87 Lincoln Mark VII.

Using original I6 4-blade fan with no shroud.
The original 10DN Ex Reg Alternator is still being used.

The digital control is set at 71* winter and summer. Only when the Sun is beating directly on me through the glass for long periods do I drop the temp a couple degrees.

FAAbenny is correct. The condenser pictured above is the Piccolo Condenser.
If you look at my ac in my truck it's newer GM truck stuff. If he is posting about what will work then I assume he is willing to do some cutting and fitting to make it work. If not then forget it.
Why would you cut a fitting off to just tig weld another one on. The hoses can be adapted to fit each other. I didn't cut any of them off just had new hoses made which you have to do anyway even with a kit you have to make up the hoses.
Nothing is going to be a direct plug and play but with a little looking around in the yards you can find what you will need. The grille opening is big enough to make it happen.
My system is a junkyard pile of parts with new mixed in.
This system is 20+ years old and works great. I installed the orifice tube and 80's model condenser in the box and shot foam inside it to close up the gaps. I then used the accumulator and did away with the drier. Sight glass for 134A isn't neededed.

This fall I plan on collecting all the parts for the ramp truck to install in it and do a junkyard system for it also.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote