View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 02:10 PM   #222
Duncan K

Re: 66 GMC Long to Short LS Swap

Got to work on the interior this week. Shot the floor with Raptor liner that was tinted to match the interior paint colour. I will be putting Kilmat and carpet down in the future but this will protect the primer in the mean time. Got a nasty surprise when I went to spray. Had the liner all mixed up in the bottle with the hardener and went to screw on my Shutz gun. Turns out a standard Shutz gun doesn't fit, you have to buy the "Raptor" gun. I got lucky and found a container that my gun fit onto and poured the liner in. It worked ok but went on really thick and globby. Went the next day and got another bottle mixed up and bought the raptor gun. It layed down much nicer the second time, the Raptor gun has a smaller diameter nozzle

Got the interior painted with single stage. I did a couple spray outs to try and figure out how much flatener to add. I thought I had it right but it could have used a little more, still has a bit of shine to it. I may end up putting another coat on with a bit more flattener added, at least on the dash.