View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
yahoos

Re: !964 Biscayne. Birdie Sue.

I drove her for a month or so and really enjoyed her. She fires up great and runs like a dream. Having a old vehicle with power steering, power brakes and tons of cab room makes it just enjoyable to drive. The front started making a funny noise when I would back up and after inspection I discovered it was worn out ball joints so rebuilding the front was in order. I have no pictures of that unfortunately. When doing the front I noticed something about the frame that wasnt there before. A piece was hanging and it had multiple cracks. I checked the frame by eye before I bought it and im certain it was there by sight before. The frame rusted itself from the inside out and my having it on the road for those 2 months provided the stress to bust it out. This had me in a limbo in what to do. At the time I had no spot to build the car. Im active Air Force and live where I dont have many resources. Friends from back home motivated me to try and tackle it anyway so first thing I wanted was wheels. One of the tires blew with the car just sitting so I bought 15x6 wheel vintique steelies and they had a special where I got the baby moons for free The tires are just cooper trendsetters. 215/75/15s I think. Cant quite remember. I forgot to mention I cut the front coils when I rebuilt the front lowering it a couple inches.

Test fit

With the tires and new lugs

Cleaned her up after sitting for a few months for a cruise to a final car show before tear down

I will paint the steelies gloss black as you can tell from my past rides its just my thing. I love black steelies.